Matrimony?

Monday, April 12, 2010




What reason could you possibly have for wanting to get married?



A shocking statement for a girl to say I know, but if you take a moment to think about it, I’m sure it’ll sound just as crazy to you. I don’t often think about marriage, so even for me this subject choice is rather unusual. Maybe it’s because I am legally able to get married, or the fact that my mother has just got engaged, whichever one, it still has got me blogging on this unfortunate subject.




Ok, so just to clarify, I love a good wedding, I love the emotion, the commitment, the adorable older relatives that you pull out and dust off just for the occasion. It’s all so wonderful, but then I had a thought, Marriage is actually a lot like a funeral.





They are both so extreme, one amazingly happy, and the other just plain depressing, but they are alike in one way, they are both the ending of a life. When you get married its your old life that dies, nothing is ever the same again, your stuck with this one person for the rest of your life. Unlike your family, you cant leave your home after eighteen years to move on to new and exciting things, there is nothing to look forward to.





You'll never be alone again.





It's not as bad as I'm making it out to be, to have someone with you through all the good and the bad, well who wouldn't want that? Finding that one person... well that's another matter entirely.







0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP